Learning with artists, with RouteNote.
With and featuring roles are for artists who have had a significant contribution to the track, but are not the main artist. This might be a guest vocalist, for example.
They must be credited in the titles of any tracks they appear on, e.g. The Macarena (with Steve Sparrow).
Our partner stores require that with artists are credited in the correct way as shown below:
Track Title (with Artist Name)
Here are the rules:
- The artist must be added in brackets after the track title.
- The artist must be in the title exactly as they appear in the artist data. This means they must be spelled the same, have the same number of spaces, and even have the same letters in capitals.
- Featuring artists must have feat. before them. Featuring, ft., Feat with a capital F, or even feat without the full stop after it aren’t allowed.
- With artist must have with before them. w, w/, or even with with a capital W aren’t allowed.
Please note – stores won’t allow the same artist to appear in more than one of the primary/featuring/with/remixer/performer roles.
You can add a with artist when creating your release by…
- Tapping on ‘Add Artist‘
- Selecting ‘With‘
- Insert the With artist’s name
- All done!
Watch this handy video below for more tips on uploading your music to RouteNote…