You can easily request this via RouteNote, providing that you meet certain requirements.
To get an Official Artist Channel on YouTube, there are a few requirements that you’ll need to meet in order for us to request this for you with YouTube.
You’ll need the following before requesting an Official Artist Channel:
- An owned & operated (O&O) YouTube channel containing content only from the artist you’re requesting an Official Artist channel for – this may be your personal YouTube channel
- An automatically generated Topic Channel for your artist
- At least 1 official music video/arts track on your channels
If you already meet the criteria above, your channels may have been upgraded to an Official Artist Channel by YouTube automatically. You can check this by seeing if a music note symbol is located next to your channel name. If you have one – you’re in luck!
If you feel that you meet the criteria and would like to submit a request to upgrade your channel to an Official Artist Channel, please complete this form.
From here, it should take between 2 – 4 weeks for your channels to be upgraded by YouTube.
YouTube also recommends following these additional steps to maximise the chance of your channels being upgraded to an Official Artist Channel:
- Make sure that the owned & operated YouTube channel that you submit has the artist name as the topic channel name
- A high quality, high resolution image has been selected sd your owned & operated channel profile picture
For more information, check out our article on Official Artist Channels:
Here are even more articles from our Support Hub relating to Official Artist Channels articles and resources you may be interested in:
- What are the benefits to having a YouTube Official Artist Channel?
- How can I get a YouTube Topic Channel?
- What is an owned & operated YouTube Channel?
Check out the RouteNote Blog post on this topic too!