How to end formatting on a high note.
Yes, no problem! We do have some formatting rules for opera releases here at RouteNote, so have a quick read below so you speed through moderation.
The track title for a selection from an opera should start with the name of the opera, followed by a colon, followed by the selection title. For recordings of a complete opera, include act and scene information after the opera title, but before the colon and selection title.
Please note! One-act operas which are through-composed are excluded from this rule.
Opera Selection Titles:
- Don Giovanni, K. 527: Il mio tesoro
- La traviata: Libiamo, libiamo… (“Brindisi”)
- Tosca: Vissi d’arte
Complete Opera Titles:
- Falstaff, Act III Scene 2: Un poco di pausa
- Falstaff, Act III Scene 2: Ogni sorta di gente dozzinale
- Falstaff, Act III Scene 2: Tutto nel mondo è burla
For a complete opera, please credit the principal vocal soloists, the orchestra, and the conductor all as primary artists.
Please be sure not to use the performer role, and not to credit members of the orchestra or performing ensemble individually.