For some clarification, read on for an explanation.
Content ID stores (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok) may be blocked on your release for numerous reasons:
If you use any non-exclusive samples in your RouteNote release, unfortunately, we won’t be able to put it on services with content ID systems running. These stores are YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok; YouTube Music will still be available to you as a store, as it does not use the Content ID system.
Non-exclusive samples are samples that anyone could obtain for their own track, whether purchased or available for free (including Royalty Free samples).
Content ID systems compare audio in their database against anything that’s already been uploaded. If the sample you’re using is already part of existing tracks online or could be obtained by anyone to use in their release, inaccurate matches and claims would be generated if a track using the same sample gets sent to Content ID stores.
- Samples from Splice, Cymatics, Looperman, etc.
- Public domain/creative commons content: Wikipedia, out of copyright speech samples.
- Third party backing tracks, whether leased or Royalty Free.
Samples which confuse Content ID systems:
- Nature sounds and ambience (birdsong, flowing water, etc).
- White noise, static, etc.
- Vocaloids and AI generated speech.
Prohibited types of release
Our Content ID stores (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok) do not allow the following:
- Remixes of other peoples’ tracks, even if you have the rights to release the remix.
- Compilation albums of already-released tracks (these will match to the already-released songs).
- Covers of public domain songs: traditional folk music, out of copyright tunes (e.g. pre-war jazz/show tunes).
- Soundtracks (these may match to the original media).
- Live performances.
- Classical music.
- Ambient ‘soundscape’ style content.
- ASMR content.
- Meditation releases.
- Chanted mantras and prayers.
This is laid out in the stores terms and conditions, which means this cannot be disputed.
Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Check out the full RouteNote Style Guide here!
How does YouTube’s Content ID system work?
Can I use sample packs in my release?
Will Content ID be blocked on my release if I use samples?